24 June 2014

Title: Breaking Away (Assassins #5)
Book 5 in the ASSASSINS SERIES
Author: Toni Aleo
Publisher: 312 Pages (June 9th, 2014)
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Add to: Goodreads

NOTE: This is a Adult novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+

Synopsis: BREAKING AWAY is a story of loss, healing, and love… where unexpected turns and heartache lead to passion.

To Nashville Assassins’ leading scoring center Phillip Anderson, playing hockey has always been easy… as natural as breathing. His life is no different. That’s until his world is turned upside down by the death of his sister. While mourning his loss, Phillip has to find a way to make his very angry sixteen-year-old niece, Claire, happy. Now, as her guardian, he discovers the only thing that seems to heal her lonely heart is dance class. But what he didn’t count on was the attraction he’d feel towards her drop-dead sexy dance teacher.

For Reese Allen, dancing has always been part of her soul. After having her heart broken in New York, she comes home with the determination to make her dance studio one of the best in Tennessee and succeeds. When she sees Claire dance for the first time, she knows the girl is bound for greatness and takes the troubled teen under her wing. Using dance as therapy, she suddenly finds herself bound to the young woman… and her hot-as-sin uncle.

However, Phillip and Reese are happy in their single lives. It’s simple. They do what they want, who they want, and how they want, but from the moment they meet, the attraction is undeniable. Soon, they are more than willing to spend just one night tangled in the sheets. But, one night turns into two, and two turns into three, until they find themselves in a repeated dance of “One Last Time” that has the potential to be something more… if only Reese and Claire allow it.

Can Phillip find a way to thaw the hearts of both the women in his life, or will he be forever trying to break them away from their pasts?

Review: 4.5 Stars - Breaking Away by author Toni Aleo is the fifth book in her Assassins series. Each book focuses on various team mates of her fictional NHL hockey team out of Nashville Tennessee. Athletes, love, angst and steam… Toni brings it all in her latest Assassins title.

Throughout reading this series we’ve met some pretty amazing leading men. All are unique alpha males with a possessive streak inside them that’s just waiting for the right woman to come along. In this installment we spend some quality time with the leading scoring and center Phillip. He’s… wow. I guess I’ll just come right out and say that I think he’s my favorite Assassin so far. Oh who am I kidding? I think I say this after each book!  I mean each of the previous featured players has a spot in my heart. I love pieces of each of them, yet there’s no question that Phillip has… something you just can’t forget. His strong presence you won’t forget anytime soon. He’s caring and holy cow is he hot and add in dancer Reece and the sparks quickly blaze info an inferno.

Reece has without a doubt met her match when it comes to Phillip. They are two of the same, just out for a good time, not to be tied down and setting their own rules. Yet something changes and these two find themselves making small changes for another “taste” of the other. Reece is talented and stubborn beyond any character I’ve EVER met. You can’t help but want to shake her and ask what the heck she’s doing to herself, her family and Phillip.

Toni without a doubt knows how to write the steam. She’s proven that time and time again throughout this series and yet there’s something magical between Phillip and Reece that makes their relationship and intimate moments stand out.

And then with Phillip comes his troubled teenage niece that he’s taken in and her tragic past that we learn a bit about. Phillip has his own scars he’s dealing with because of his niece Claire and the two have more than their fare share of ups and downs to contend with. Claire adds many layers to an already layer filled story and Phillip wouldn't be the character he is without his niece.

One thing you can always count on with this series is there are deeper issues and problems that the characters must overcome but there are also lighter moments to give readers a good balance.

Something new readers should keep in mind – with each book about a different hockey player and love interest each title can be read as standalones. However the stories are intertwined so without reading them in order there might be a bit confusion or gaps in the story. So I suggest reading them in order.. and really you don’t want to miss out on each of these guys.

In the end, I loved it! I have a huge soft spot for Phillip, Reece and Claire and I’m thrilled that Toni has started a spin off “New Adult” series which the first book features Claire, so keep an eye out for that title – Boarded By Love – to be released just around the corner. Do I recommend this series? HECK YES! I mean hot hockey players? Yes please! Note that these are adult titles due to language and content and not suitable for readers under the age of eighteen. And now it’s time for you to go and start reading the Assassins series today! Enjoy!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love