10 December 2013

Review - With Every Heartbeat By: Melody Grace

Title: With Every Heartbeat (Cities of Love #1)
Author: Melody Grace
Publisher: Melody Grace Books, (November 8th, 2013)
From: the Author
Format: eARC
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Amazon UK

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+

Synopsis: Rome. The city of young lovers, dark secrets, and intoxicating new desire…

I thought I knew what I wanted in life. I thought my destiny was set. Then I met him, and everything changed.

Raphael is bold, passionate, and seductive. He sees something in me I never dreamed possible, and now he's determined to show me a world beyond rules -- a dance without limits. I want to trust him, but I'm scared. Because I know once I fall, there'll be no going back.

An innocent dancer. A mysterious stranger. As Annalise is drawn deeper into the sensual delights of Rome, she'll question everything she believed about her future. But with opening night looming, can she find the strength to risk it all? And will she be forced to choose between her one true love, ballet, and the new passion in her heart?

** This book contains adult content. 17+ **

Review: 4 Stars - With Every Heartbeat is the first in the new Cities of Love from the amazing author Melody Grace. This title has it all with the amazing backdrop of Rome while two people work to figure out who they are, where they want to be in life as they embark on their journey away from their parents.

As the synopsis states it’s about an innocent dancer and a mysterious stranger and fits these two characters perfectly. Annalise has been learning and dancing ballet since she could walk. Her mother was a prima ballerina before she was born and it makes some book Pointe shoes to fill for our main character. Annalise understands that her time as a dancer on stage is drawing closer and closer to the end so when her mother just about forces her to take a spot in a company in Rome at the very last minute she leaves in a rush with the hopes of getting one lead before her career is over.

Annalise is in dead innocent. She’s lead a structured life because of the discipline is takes to be the dancer she is. With her mother being strict it’s even worse for our main protagonist. It’s with the interaction with her mother that you really get an overall idea just how Annalise was raised and how structured her life truly is. For her, Rome turns into so much more than she could have ever imagined. Hearing music coming from around the corner she sneaks away from her tour she’s on with her fellow dancers to find a group dancing in the streets. It’s then she meets Raphael.

Raphael is free with his dancing. He’s filled with passion in just about everything he does. It’s through his eyes and his life that Annalise starts to see things in her and the world differently. The thing I liked about these two the most was how they helped each other with what they wanted in life. They helped each other see the bigger picture. And the romance is pretty scorching! WOW!

I enjoyed the dancing aspect of the story, how important this was to BOTH of them. It made the passion and the chemistry these two have for each other seriously out of control! They balance and complement each other so well that there’s no doubt that these two are in a word soul mates. You feel it from the first time that they meet and I tend to not be a huge fan of insta-love so I’m glad that while there was such an amazing attraction between these two their relationship happened slowly throughout their journey.

I thought that the writing and the story flowed pretty easily and the backdrop or Rome was perfect! I ended up reading this one in ONE sitting in about 3 hours last night, because I was lost in Rome with Annalise and Raphael and just had to know what would happen next. Speaking of Rome - while there isn’t a lot of details about the romantic city there’s just enough to keep your imagination going and able to picture the scenes pretty well.

I loved this one and I can’t wait to read more from this new “New Adult” series. I highly recommend this title to fans of Contemporary titles with strong characters. Please be aware that there is content meant for older readers so if this sounds great to you, and it IS trust me, go forth and grab this one now!


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love