15 April 2011

Title: Kiss of a Star (Artemis Lupine, #2) - eBook
Author: Catherine Banks
Publisher: 168 Pages (February 18th 2011)
From: ebook from the Author, Thank You!

Synopsis: Artemis’ life completely changed when she met Ares and learned of her true genetics. Achilles comes to her and her life is changed yet again as she learns more about herself and Ares’ past. Now nothing is simple and life is anything but calm. As she adjusts to her new life she learns that shedding a little blood is more than necessary and that she must do whatever she can to stay with her pack and her mate. Can she figure out a way to protect her pack and stand against the man hunting her? Or will treachery and deceit separate her from the first family she’s ever had?

Review: 4 Stars - Kiss of A Star, the second book in the Artemis Lupine series picks up right were we left off in Song of the Moon. With many things answered and more questioned asked, the characters and story held up well from the first book into this one. I do have to say that while the book was a tad on the short side and I felt that a few things were rushed, I was excited to see just where author Catherine Banks would take her characters next.

Artemis has changed so much from Song of the Moon, yet she’s still growing into herself as she continues to evolve both physically and mentally. With the continuing help, support and love of her Alpha and mate Ares, she further learns about her people and the many trials that loom for the halfbreed. She still has so many questions and things are about to get worse before they have a chance to get better. Artemis still wants the same things. To protect those that she loves and find out who’s after her. And Ares, he’s an alpha through and through. The only thing about him that rubs me the wrong way… in both books is that he never gives Artemis enough information. I understand he’s trying his hardest to protect her from everything, including herself, but that aspect of the story and his personality frustrated me here and there.

Characters old and new popped up throughout and lead too many twists and turns, some more shocking then others. It’s Banks imagination that has created strong characters and a plot that continues to lure me in and leave me ready for more.

The only down side, as mentioned above was the length of this second installment and how some key parts to the story felt somewhat rushed through. Did this take away from my overall enjoyment of Kiss of A Star? No, not at all. Would it have improved my enjoyment? Some what but let me explain that further. I really enjoy the story and characters and I simply wanted more. It’s not that it was lacking from the first book to the second, or in the series as a whole.

With an ending that’ll leave you wondering if what happened did in fact just happen, it forced me to reread the last few pages to make sure I wasn’t reading things incorrectly. With the turn of the last page… both times, I was surprised where Bank’s led the story and am eagerly awaiting the next book – Healed By Fire, in 2012. And oh, what a wait that’ll be.

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I appreciate your honesty.

    I'll try my hardest to not disappoint with the length of the third novel and to try to release it as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love