23 March 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose of this weekly event is to spotlight a soon-to-be-released book that you are very much anticipating. "Waiting On" Wednesday will also give bloggers an opportunity to share ideas for our TBR lists.


Title: Mercy (Mercy, #1)
Author: Rebecca Lim
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH, 288 Pages (May 17th 2011)
Preorder here: Amazon, Borders, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: A fallen angel haunted by her past. Yearning for her immortal beloved. Forever searching for answers. Who will show her Mercy?

Mercy has lost herself. She can’t count how many times she’s “woken up” in a new body, and assumed a new life, only to move on again and again. During the day she survives in the human world on instinct and at night her dreams are haunted by him. Mercy’s heart would know him anywhere. But her memory refuses to cooperate.

But this time is different. When Mercy wakes up she meets Ryan, an eighteen year old reeling from the loss of his twin sister who was kidnapped two years ago. Everyone else has given up hope, but Ryan believes his sister is still alive. Using a power she doesn’t fully comprehend, Mercy realizes that Ryan is right. His sister is alive and together they can find her. For the first time since she can remember, Mercy has a purpose; she can help. So she doesn’t understand why the man in her dreams cautions her not to interfere. But as Ryan and Mercy come closer to solving the dark mystery of his sister’s disappearance, danger looms just one step behind.

Will Mercy be able to harness her true self and extraordinary power in time?


Title: Hereafter (Hereafter, #1)
Author: Tara Hudson
Publisher: HarperCollins, 400 Pages (June 7th 2011)
Preorder here: Amazon, Borders, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: Can there truly be love after death?

Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life—or her actual death—she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but will him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.

Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.


Title: Die For Me (Revenants, #1)
Author: Amy Plum
Publisher: HarperTeen, 352 Pages (May 10th 2011)
Preorder here: Amazon, Borders, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: DIE FOR ME is the first of three books about Kate, a sixteen-year-old American who moves to Paris after the death of her parents. She finds herself falling for Vincent, who she discovers is not the typical French teenager he appears: he is something else entirely.

ETA: I am aware that this cover changed. Thanks to those who mentioned this in comments. :) This post was scheduled ahead of my surgery, so I haven't had a chance to change it. I figured I'd add a quick pic showing the new cover here! Check out the new cover for Die For Me - What do you guys think of the cover change for this title??

Three more MUST read books for 2011! They not only sound amazing, but take a look at those covers... WOW!

*covers are always subject to change.
*I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this page.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

6 comments:

  1. All of your WoWs are on my wishlist too. I love that Die For Me is set in Paris and Hereafter sounds like such a cool concept. Awesome picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hereafter sounds like it will be ghostly good and I'm really looking forward to the release of Die For Me. They recently changed the US cover to one that closely resembles the UK one, so the cover you're using now isn't right anymore. But both the old and new one are gorgeous! ^.~ Just thought I should let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those do sound like amazing reads! Saw them at NetGalley and have even read Die for Me. Liked this cover, but something about the new one is equally cool!

    Here's my WoW

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am DYING to read all of those. What great summaries and covers!

    Although, the cover for Die For Me has changed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound amazing. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great WOW! I did the same Die for Me! I love the covers, too! I'm a Cover Lover! Shameless, I know!
    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love