10 November 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose of this weekly event is to spotlight a soon-to-be-released book that you are very much anticipating. "Waiting On" Wednesday will also give bloggers an opportunity to share ideas for our TBR lists.

 
Title: Unearthly
Author: Cynthia Hand
Publisher: HarperTeen, 440 Pages (January 4th 2011)
Preorder here: Amazon, Borders, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees. . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what it is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place--and out of place, at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make--between honesty and deciet, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?



Title: Rival
Author: Sara Bennett Wealer
Publisher: HarperTeen, 336 Pages (February 15th 2011)
Preorder here: Amazon, Borders, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: What if your worst enemy turned out to be the best friend you ever had?

Meet Brooke: Popular, powerful and hating every minute of it, she’s the “It” girl at Douglas High in Lake Champion, Minnesota. Her real ambition? Using her operatic mezzo as a ticket back to NYC, where her family lived before her dad ran off with an up and coming male movie star.

Now meet Kathryn: An overachieving soprano with an underachieving savings account, she’s been a leper ever since Brooke punched her at a party junior year. For Kath, music is the key to a much-needed college scholarship.

The stage is set for a high-stakes duet between the two seniors as they prepare for the prestigious Blackmore competition. Brooke and Kathryn work toward the Blackmore with eyes not just on first prize but on one another, each still stinging from a past that started with friendship and ended in betrayal. With competition day nearing, Brooke dreams of escaping the in-crowd for life as a professional singer, but her scheming BFF Chloe has other plans. And when Kathryn gets an unlikely invitation to Homecoming, she suspects Brooke of trying to sabotage her with one last public humiliation.

As pressures mount, Brooke starts to sense that the person she hates most might just be the best friend she ever had. But Kathryn has a decision to make. Can she forgive? Or are some rivalries for life?

Stunning covers! WOW! So different in covers and stories. Angels, which I can't seem to get enough of... and then Rivals fighting for a much needed scholarship for very different reasons. Here are two additional 2011 books that I'm excited about. What do you think of these two?

*covers are always subject to change.
*I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this page.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

8 comments:

  1. Both of these sound really good, and are both on my TBR list on Goodreads. I especially love the cover of Rival, its so bright and pretty!
    Hafsah @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored Unearthly, and yet I still can't wait for it because of that cover which I also adore!

    Rival sounds like a good read as well. Adding it to my ever growing wishlist, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Unearthly was a great read! I just finished reading that one!

    Here's my WoW for the week: http://jessica-agreatread.blogspot.com/2010/11/waiting-on-wednesday_10.html

    Oh and I got my books in the mail today from the Haunted Halloween comment portion! Thanks so much! Can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both look great but are very different from each other. I've wanted Unearthly since I saw it a while back but I'd never taken the time to read Rivals. I'm adding it to my wishlist. Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dieing to read Unearthly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! Thanks for featuring RIVAL! I hope you like it - can't believe it's only about 3 months before it's out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read awesome things about Unearthly, and I really want to read Rival! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks!! I'm looking forward to both.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love