09 November 2010

Guest Post: The Book Vixen

2010 was a great year for reading. The year’s not over yet but we’re certainly getting close. Looking back at the books I’ve read this year, I’ve decided to talk about a few authors that I discovered in 2010 whose books I can’t get enough of.

Jeaniene Frost

Upon the recommendation from a few fellow bloggers, I read the Night Huntress series early this year. And when I did read this series, I was hooked by the first chapter. Hands down, this is one of my favorite series, ever. Frost takes paranormal romance to a whole new level. Book two, chapter 32 - need I say more? Even the covers for each of the books in this series are sultry.

It brings me much happiness to learn that the series will now have nine books, instead of seven as originally planned. It’s the waiting part that kills. I’m looking forward to the upcoming release of This Side of the Grave (2/22/11 for those of you who would like to mark the date on their calendars) and the rest of the books in this series. I think I am going to sneak in a re-read of this series to prepare for the upcoming release of This Side of the Grave.








Shiloh Walker

I can’t remember exactly how I came to learn of Shiloh Walker but I do remember that I was really anxious to read Broken. So when she held a contest in which she was giving away ARCs for Broken, I entered. But there was a catch; you had to convince her to choose you as a winner by telling her how you would help promote the book. And convince her I did ;) I have still yet to read Fragile, the book that comes before Broken, but I do have it on my shelf waiting for me.

Walker takes two genres I enjoy reading, romance and suspense, and blends them together beautifully. And she knows how to write a hot, sizzling sex scene. From what I understand, the two books of her that I’ve read are mild compared to her other novels. I can’t wait to read some of her contemporary erotic romances.






J.A. Saare

When I started seeing Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between around the book blogging community, I was intrigued. When I read it I was in awe. Saare is one heck of a story teller. Her writing is expressive and comes off naturally. I enjoyed reading both Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between and Crimson Moon and look forward to The Renfield Syndrome and Crimson Sunrise. Not sure if I’m ready just yet, but at some point I would like to try her books written under her Aline Hunter pseudonym.

Not only do I enjoy reading Saare’s novels but I love reading her blog as well. She’s honest, hilarious and has the cutest southern accent. She’s also known for her vlogs!






Alice Clayton

Confession: I had The Unidentified Redhead in my possession for a while before reading it. I don’t know exactly why I was hesitant about reading it but if I would have known then what I know now, I would have ripped right into that book the moment I got it. I read The Redhead Revealed soon after and now I can’t wait to see what Clayton has in store for Grace and Jack next. I am anxiously looking forward to the rest of the Redhead series.

Alice Clayton mixes steamy romance, witty characters and a barrel full of laughs in her fun, laugh-out-loud reads. Her writing is provocative and the intimate scenes between her main characters are titillating. Some of these scenes made my heart palpitate.





Which authors did you discover in 2010 whose books you can’t get enough of?







Where to find
The Book Vixen online

blog | twitter | facebook | goodreads | librarything






TBV - thanks so much for stopping by and writing up this  great guest post. I have to agree with you on some of these authors - because I've read them - other's I haven't had a chance to read yet, but will be adding to my wish list! Thanks for giving me some new authors to check into.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

11 comments:

  1. I have to add some of these authors to my wish list. I've seen their names around, but am glad to read a fellow book blogger loved them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great guest post :)
    I have heard Clayton is good, not to mention Saare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrystal - These authors wrote some of my favorite reads this year. Definitely check them out!

    Blodeuedd - Definitely check out Clayton and Saare. Their writing is hilarious!

    Lisa - Thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Broken looks AMAZING. I'd love to get my hands on that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to check out Frost. Now I will. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I'm still riding my Alice Clayton high - love her! Also love JA Saare's books. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, great post! I'm curious about Shiloh Walker's books now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Frost, Broke, and JA Saare!!!

    Yes, yes and yes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked your guest post! I need to add some of these to my TBR because I haven't read them yet. *hangs head in shame* I have Half Way to the Grave sitting on my book shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on Jeaniene Frost---I didn't realize the series would be 9 books! YAY!

    Shiloh Walker did not blow my dress up with Fragile but I am willing to give her other books a try.

    Alice Clayton's books are hilarious, I agree w/you there.

    I discovered Rachel Vincent this year and I've really enjoyed her work.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love