13 June 2010

Title: Raised By Wolves
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Publisher: EgmontUSA 432 Pages (June 8th 2010)
From: the Publisher, a HUGE thank you!!

Synopsis: Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it. That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?


Review: 4 Stars - Raised by Wolves was one of those books that I just couldn’t wait to read. From the first page I knew I’d be reading well into the wee hours of the morning and quickly found myself lost in the woods that Bryn and the pack call home. It was fast paced and in the blink of an eye turned into a thrilling story with characters that you’ll love and some that you’ll love to hate.

Our main character is Bryn who just happens to be a human… and yep you guessed it, was raised by wolves. The story explains how Bryn came to live with the wolves and throughout we learn just what that means for her and the pack around her. She’s a strong girl with a good head on her shoulders and fighting spirit - Never going with the flow, always walking the fine line between right and wrong and the rules that she has to live with for her safety and the laws of the pack. The alpha – Callum is a large figure in her life. It’s not just because he’s the alpha and that he brought her to live in his territory that these two share such a bond. Callum…. He’s a hard one to talk about without giving too much away, so I’ll just let you make up your mind about him.

When everyone around her that she’s close to start’s to act odd, she knows something is up and can’t get an honest answer out of anyone. Eventually she comes to find out that the pack has taken in a new werewolf – Chase. After their brief meeting, she goes out of her way to talk to him. However she has to do this through wolf pack permissions via Callum. Chase is quiet and magnetic. He seems to understand Bryn on a different level then anyone else. If there was one thing I’d love to have seen more in this book it would have been Chase. He’s one of those characters that’ll just melt your heart. And the connection that’s shown so vividly throughout the book between Chase and Bryn is one that’s unique that no one could content with. It’s something that I’m eager to read more of.

Werewolves Devon and Lake are Bryn’s best friends and really the only wolves from the pack that give her the time of day. They are the two that Bryn knows she can count on no matter what. Devon is quirky and theatrical and Lake is a shoot first and ask questions later kind of girl. The friendship these three have is great and I was able to fully understand the lengths that they would each go through for the other as I continued reading.

Being that this book is the beginning of a series it gives readers a great start with hints as to what’s to come in books in the future. Barnes has written characters that’ll be hard for you to forget and a story that’ll leave you wanting more. Her writing is fresh and she has done an amazing job with her own take on werewolves within the young adult genre. I’m now eagerly awaiting the sequel – Trial By Fire just to see where Bryn, Chase, Devon, Lake and all the others end up next. If you love books about werewolves, then this is one you won’t want to miss. Enjoy!

FTC Disclaimer: I did not pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

4 comments:

  1. ME TO ME TO ME TO!!! I cant wait till the next book comes along, this one is one you just cant stop thinking about, wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still waiting for my local Borders to get this one in!! UGH!!!
    So I cant read the review just yet but I am tempted to!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot of awesome things about this book, and it's sitting on my shelf, but I STILL haven't gotten a chance to read it yet. I just have so many books to choose from...lol. I guess it's a good think I'm on the Book Buying Ban for July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower from: http://bringmeanotherbook.blogspot.com/

    I love this book! I reviewed it recently on my blog too. I cant wait for Trial By Fire!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love